Crosby Roofing & Seamless Gutters inspects and repairs failing gutters for residential and commercial customers. But, as a homeowner, instead of paying large sums all at once to repair your gutters, a better and more efficient alternative is to properly maintain them to avoid repair costs when they finally fail.
Spending an afternoon cleaning gunk out of your gutters is likely not an activity you look forward to as a homeowner, yet routine gutter maintenance is integral in keeping your home’s roof, exterior and foundation free of water, debris and other unwanted materials. At Crosby Roofing & Seamless Gutters in Columbia, South Carolina, we provide residential and commercial clients maintenance programs to keep your gutters clean, working properly and to avoid repair costs.
What might seem like a waste or unnecessary could potentially save you thousands of dollars in repairs. Maintaining your gutters will reduce water damage to your home and could even preserve your roof. If the gutters on your home become full of gunk and debris, they can fall from the weight and cause significant damage to your roof and home.
Why is it so important to maintain and clean your gutters?
Gutters are designed to collect rainwater from the roof and carry it away from the foundation of the home through downspouts. Since both the gutters and downspouts need to be clear in order to carry out this task, having clogged gutters could cause an overflow of water.
If the water has nowhere to go, it will naturally fill up the gutter and eventually overflow onto the foundation of the home, but the damage won’t stop there. Depending on the amount of water and the condition of the foundation, water could seep into your basement or crawl space. Foundation repair alone could cost upward of $10,000, and if water leaks into your basement, your home could be at risk of mold.
Clogged gutters can also pose a weight strain on your roof and the fascia (the boards behind the gutters). If the gutters are too full, they could collapse off the roof of your home, causing damage to the shingles of the roof and the exterior of the home.
Problems caused by gutter issues:
- Increases the chances of leaks. At Crosby Roofing & Seamless Gutters, we often get calls from panicked homeowners who have spotted a leak inside their house. The majority of these are caused by gutters stuffed with debris that are unable to properly drain water from the roof. Gravity always makes sure that this water eventually reaches the ground, but not necessarily using the route best for your house.
- Can ruin landscaping. Clogged or loose gutters and downspouts will often cause rainwater to overflow and pour over the side of gutters, giving the landscape below quite a beating and sometimes destroying plants or flooding beds.
- Impacts your home’s foundation. When gutters are properly installed and working correctly, they direct rain and melting snow away from the house’s foundation and go to parts of the yard or other area around your house that is able to absorb it. When gutters are clogged or loose, the water will drip down the side of the house, creating cracks in the foundation and making its way into the basement or crawl space.
- Cause house siding to stain, rust or rot. If your house siding or trim is made from aluminum or wood, water from leaking gutters can cause this siding or trim to rust or rot over time. Any type of siding or trim can also become stained and streaked from water flowing down the side of the house.
- Increase the chance of pests. Debris clogged gutters may still hold enough water to attract mosquitoes, flies and other pests. Standing water in your gutters attracts these pests, making time spent outside unpleasant due to the increased risk of bug bites.
- Extra weight puts a strain on your gutters. Debris and ice stuck in gutters can cause them to pull away, sag or even fall. This can not only cause damage to the roof and siding of your house, but can be dangerous to anyone walking underneath these gutters
A routine maintenance and cleaning of your gutters can prevent damage to your roof, exterior and foundation that could potentially save you thousands in repair costs. At Crosby Roofing & Seamless Gutters in Columbia, South Carolina we have multiple roof maintenance programs available for homeowners to choose from so that you feel relaxed and comfortable regarding the condition of your gutters and roof.
It’s too late for maintenance, I need a gutter repair company!
Maybe you didn’t opt for a maintenance program or you let the debris and gunk inside your gutters get out of hand, which caused damage to your gutters, roof or property. Crosby Roofing & Seamless Gutters offers residential and commercial property owners gutter repair services to help protect and preserve your home and investment.
It is important when you first notice any damage or problems with your gutters to call for gutter repair. The sooner issues are assessed and repaired, the easier and less expensive it is to repair and fortify the damaged area. If you put off gutter repair, further water damage can exacerbate the problems already existing within your property, giving you a hazardous living environment.
Crosby Roofing & Seamless Gutters in Columbia, South Carolina are your local gutter repair and installation experts. We work with your schedule to complete your repair project and get your property to its best. Our roofers communicate everything to you during the process and are happy to answer any questions you may have about your gutter system and our repairs or replacement. The team at Crosby Roofing & Seamless Gutters will provide you with a free inspection and estimate to get started. Contact Crosby Roofing & Seamless Gutters for your gutter repair or to set up a maintenance program.